In this course you will learn introductory terms and concepts related to biofertilizers and their production
- Course Structure: Contents and Assessment Pattern
- General Instructions for the course
- Module 1
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Biofertilizer Production
- Quiz on: Lesson 1: Introduction to Biofertilizer Production
- Lesson 2: Nitrogen Fixing Microorganisms
- Lesson 3: Video Demonstration- Biofertilizer production using Nitrogen fixing Microorganisms
- Quiz on Lessons 2 and 3: Nitrogen Fixing Microorganisms and Biofertilizer Production
- Module 1: INQUIRY BASED LEARNING (IBL) Problem I
- Project component 1
- Module 2
- Lesson: Phosphate Solubilising Microorganisms
- Quiz on: Lesson: Phosphate Solubilising Microorganisms
- Module 2: Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) Problem II
- Project component 2
- Module 3
- Lesson: Indole-3-Acetic Acid Producing Microorganisms
- Quiz on Lesson: Indole-3-Acetic Acid Producing Microorganisms
- Module 3: Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) Problem III
- Project component 3
- Module 4
- Lesson: Siderophore Producing Microorganisms
- Quiz on Lesson: Siderophore Producing Microorganisms
- Module 4: Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) Problem IV
- Project component 4
Learning Objectives for Module 1:
Give you an introduction to different aspects about Biofertilizer Production.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Biofertilizer Production deals with the following aspects:
- What are biofertilizers and what is the need for biofertilizers
- Types of fertilizers farmers use today
- Types of candidate microorganisms for the production of biofertilizers
- Plant Growth promoting properties of microorganisms
- Carrier materials used for biofertilizer production and methods of application.
Lesson 2: Gives details about Nitrogen fixing Microorganisms.
- What are Nitrogen fixing Microorganisms.
- What is their importance
- How to isolate them
- Media used for their growth
- Quantitation of their function
- Lesson 3: Is a video about Biofertilizer Production.
It deals with various practical aspects of Biofertilizer production:
- Materials required for the project
- How to make Ashby’s nitrogen free medium
- How to enrich nitrogen-fixing organisms in Ashby’s broth
- how to isolate nitrogen-fixing organisms and purify them on Ashby’s agar
- How to prepare the biofertilizer using purified culture suspension and carrier material.
Assessment and Certification:
Self assessment can be done with the help of the quiz available for this lesson on this WordPress website. Self assessment alone, in this manner, will not lead to certification.
Formal assessment for certification is available on the Edmodo platform:
Enter class code: x4egrd to join the Edmodo class